Friday 9 May 2014

Beer #228 - Windsor & Eton Parklife

Last weekend I went to one of my favourite London pubs, The Harp, for the first time in forever. For those that don’t know it it’s a super little boozer near Trafalgar Square that has 10 cask lines and prides itself on its real ale. It’s won a raft of CAMRA awards in recent years and is just a great place to drink. It does get fairly busy and isn’t that big but you can stand out on the street and drink too and I have many memories of summer evenings spent doing just that. Anyway I managed to try four new beers, the first of which was Parklife from Windsor & Eton, a brewery that has forged a solid reputation since being founded in 2010. This is yet another brewery I’ve heard a lot of good things about but never actually tried, although I think this could be the first time I’ve seen one of their beers on cask. Parklife is quite a weak pint at 3.2% however they’ve managed to pack plenty of flavour in for the ABV. It’s brewed with new world hops that give it a dry, citrus fruit flavour and quite a healthy dose of bitterness, although it’s well balanced by some subtle caramel malt. A really good use of hops in a low ABV beer and really drinkable.

Brewery: Windsor & Eton Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment