Monday 2 June 2014

Beer #249 - Gallia Paris

At the beginning of April I ran the Paris marathon (had to drop that into the blog at some point) and I picked this bottle up in a supermarket there. Parisian supermarkets aren't great for beer in my experience so this was about the most interesting bottle I could find. I have found very little information online about it, Gallia Paris has a Facebook page but that's about it. All I've found in English is a few lines on the beers RateBeer entry which states that the beer is actually brewed under contract in at the Nymburk Brewery in the Czech Republic rather than in Paris. For some reason the site still lists it as a French beer, so I have too. The beer is very light and quite smooth in the mouth. The flavour is quite sweet with caramel tones dominating, not much in the way of hop character and nothing in the way of bitterness. Quite nice for a lager though and certainly not offensive. A good option when faced with this or a generic macro lager.

Brewery: Pivovar Nymburk
Country: France/Czech Republic
ABV: 5.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment