Wednesday 4 June 2014

Beer #250 - Modelo Especial

I recently made another trip to the wonderful, wonderful Wahaca for lunch. The beer choices at Wahaca are somewhat limited; Mexican lager, Mexican lager, Mexican lager or Mexican lager. As I’d not tried it before I went for a Modelo Especial. Grupo Modelo, the brewer, is also responsible for producing Corona and  Pacifico Clara and is part of beer behemoth AB InBev. My expectations weren’t particularly high for this lager but it wasn’t that terrible. It certainly has a bit more flavour to it than Corona and accompanied the delicious Mexican food adequately. I’m not sure what Mexico has in the way of independent brewers but Wahaca might do well to investigate!


 
Brewery: Grupo Modelo
Country: Mexico
ABV: 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment