Sunday 8 June 2014

Beer #254 - St Peter's Summer Ale

On Friday my workplace was experiencing some major technical issues and as I returned from my lunch break I found an empty office and a post-it on my desk advising me that we had been sent home and to come to the pub forthwith. And so I found myself at the Jerusalem Tavern by half past 2 tucking into a pint of St Peter's Summer Ale. I've documented my love of the pub before and it was especially nice to be there when it was quiet! The Summer Ale is a seasonal special produced...in the summer. It pours a deep golden colour with a white head. The aroma is very fruity and also rather floral. The flavour too is floral and very fruity, very sweet but with a bitter, alcoholic finish. I really love St Peter's beers but I didn't really got on with this one, for my taste it was too floral and too heavy for a summer beer. I want something light and refreshing when the sun is shining and this is neither of those things.

Brewery: St Peter's Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment