Saturday 14 June 2014

Beer #259 - Fourpure Oatmeal Stout

This is the third and final beer I tried on my visit to the Fourpure brewery last Saturday. After a pils and a saison I thought I'd go for a dark one just to round things off and opted for a glass of the oatmeal stout. It wasn't really stout weather, a beautiful hot London day, but what the hell. Fourpure's Oatmeal Stout is not going to change the world but it's a very solid example of the style. It pours black with a tan head. The aroma is coffee, roasted malt and more coffee. The taste was sweet up front turning quickly to coffee and bitter chocolate with some earthiness. Nothing ground-breaking but I managed to try three different styles at Fourpure which left me in little doubt that I'll be going back.



Brewery: Fourpure Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.1%

No comments:

Post a Comment