Friday 13 June 2014

Beer #258 - Fourpure Wai-iti Saison

This is beer number two of five from my recent trip to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. Feeling emboldened after a glass of the Pils I next went for a glass of the Wai-iti Saison which checks in at 7.3% ABV. It was originally produced as a one-off for an event at The Rake in Borough Market but it seems they must have had some left over or something. At the moment I’m keen to try anything with saison in the name and this one didn’t let me down at all. It pours gold with a white head and the aroma is lovely; citrus rind, wheat and a hint of spice. The taste offers more of the same with some wonderful wheaty breadiness, lemon and orange rind and a hint of pepper. I didn’t find the alcohol too prominent and it was very drinkable, a great, straightforward saison. Once again I failed on the photo front hence the shot of the taproom instead.

Brewery: Fourpure Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 7.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment