Thursday 12 June 2014

Beer #257 - Fourpure Pils

This was beer number one of five on my recent trip to the Bermondsey Beer Mile that you can read more about here. I’d had a slightly heavy night the evening before so, especially given the brilliant sunshine, I thought I’d start the afternoon at Fourpure with something light and refreshing and went for the Pils. Now I’m not usually a lager drinker as this blog will largely attest, but if more lagers were made like this or Sixpoint’s The Crisp I’d be far more likely to drink them. Not that there are big similarities between these two beers, they’re just well made, refreshing and most importantly, tasty. Fourpure’s Pils is wonderfully crisp, slightly carbonated and with a slight dryness that makes it effortlessly drinkable. Flavour-wise it’s malty, slightly sweet with some pepper and a bitter finish. Very good indeed and it set me up nicely for the day ahead. Unfortunately I didn't have the best day picture-wise and forgot to take this one until the glass was empty. It is a very nice glass though.

Brewery: Fourpure Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment