Friday 30 May 2014

Beer 247 - Sixpoint The Crisp

Having previously tried the Sixpoint Bengali Tiger and, a couple of weeks ago, Sweet Action, I only needed one more beer to complete the Sixpoint ‘set’ of all three beers currently stocked by Wetherspoons. By a happy coincidence I found myself in The Fox on the Hill in south London last weekend and by happier coincidence, a sign outside the pub announced a special offer on Sixpoint cans which were available for just £1.99 a pop. The Crisp is a pilsener so I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this one anywhere near as much as its hoppy siblings. Now I’m far from being a fan of lager but having said that, I’ve never gone out of my way to try any particularly good lager either. This was unlike any other lager I can remember drinking. The pour was a hazy yellow with plenty of bubbles. Its light on the palate but there is some definite hints of grass and citrus fruits in here rendering it quite bitter (for a lager, at least). I enjoyed it, perfect for the summer when you want something light yet with a bit of flavour and it was refreshing and highly drinkable. Ok so it doesn’t compare favourably to the other two Sixpoint beers available in ‘Spoons, but then they’re both really great.

Brewery: Sixpoint Brewery
Country: USA
ABV: 5.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment