Friday 23 May 2014

Beer #242 - Sixpoint Sweet Action

Upon reaching Gatwick Airport we discovered that our flight was going to be delayed by over an hour which gave us ample to time to settle our nerves with another beer or 4. Wetherspoons was our friend and we headed to The Red Lion in the north terminal. I took the opportunity to try another of the three Sixpoint beers that the pub chain now stock. Having tried the Bengali Tiger a few months ago and enjoyed it I went for Sweet Action this time. In my previous post I congratulated Wetherspoons for offering these beers at such a reasonable price, but the airport effect meant that in this can set me back £3.99. At the time I was a bit put out by this knowing how much they charge elsewhere but on reflection I realised that a) I wouldn’t baulk at paying that, or more, for a beer in a craft beer pub in central London and, b) it’s now possible to get some really excellent beer at a UK airport. And yes, this is a good beer. It pours an attractive dark amber with a hoppy nose. The flavour is hoppier than I’d anticipated with some lovely floral hops and sweet citrus fruits although up against the Bengali Tiger the flavour is nicely subtle. Very drinkable.
 
Brewery: Sixpoint Brewery
Country: USA
ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment