Sunday 16 March 2014

Beer #203 - Sixpoint Bengali Tiger

http://sixpoint.com/Sixpoint is a New York brewery that, until a few weeks ago, I hadn’t heard of. Apparently they are something of a big deal, which meant that when Wetherspoons announced that they would be stocking three Sixpointbeers in their pubs, a lot of people were very excited. Sixpoint didn’t previously export their beers so this too, is quite a big deal and it seems quite a clever bit of business by ‘Spoons. Last Saturday I went to Braintree in Essex to watch my beloved Hereford United take on Braintree Town. I arrived in the town and with half an hour or so to kill I came across the Picture Palace and thought it a good opportunity to try one of the Sixpoint brews. I opted for the Bengali Tiger and was given a 330ml can and a pretty impressive glass. The beers are available at two for £5 (or £2.85 each) which is pretty superb value for US craft beer and credit to Spoons for the competitive pricing. The beer itself was an IPA with a nice fresh citrus aroma. The flavour is citrus and pine with a bitter grapefruit finish. I’ll be trying out the other two Sixpoint offerings next time I find myself in a Wetherspoons.
 
Brewery: Sixpoint Brewery
Country: USA
ABV: 6.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment