Tuesday 18 March 2014

Beer #204 - Banks Caribbean Lager

If you live in the UK you’ll know that the weather has been unseasonably good for the last 10 days or so. It’s been warm, in March! Incredible. Obviously this means that I’ve attended not one but two barbecues in the last couple of weeks to make the most of it before we nosedive back into winter. Accordingly I’ve been going through a few lighter beers including this one, Banks Caribbean Lager, which I’ve had knocking around in my house since I picked it up at Tesco a couple of months ago. I initially thought that this was catering to the local community but it seems that Banks have a nationwide distribution deal with Tesco for their lager. I was slightly aghast to discover that it contains both sugar AND corn syrup. One or the other would be par for the course for this sort of lager but to use both seems a bit absurd. Anyway it was pretty ‘meh’, light and refreshing so not to be sniffed at on a sunny day but based on the additives I won’t be buying it again.
 
Brewery: Banks Barbados Brewery
Country: Barbados
ABV: 4.7%


No comments:

Post a Comment