Saturday 24 May 2014

Beer #243 - Banks's / Saint Archer Pale Ale

On my next visit to the bar at Gatwick’s The Red Lion I noticed that they had a US/UK collaboration on cask. I’ve had a couple of these beers before; the idea being that a US brewer comes to the UK to brew a beer for sale in Wetherspoons across the country. I've featured a few of these before and they’re invariably quite good so I ordered a couple of pints of this Pale Ale produced by Kim Lutz of Saint Archer at Banks’s Brewery. Saint Archer is based in San Diego and Kim, the head brewer, was formerly head brewer at Maui Brewing Co. in Hawaii, which suggests to me that she is not only a very good brewer but also incredibly smart in choosing amazing places to live and work. This pale ale pours amber with a white head. It has a nice hoppy aroma and some nice fruity, hoppy flavours balanced out with some characteristically English biscuit malt. It’s a perfectly drinkable and tasty beer although it struggled to stand up to the robustness of the beers I’d previously drunk that evening, being perhaps a touch light in body. Good nonetheless and I’d happily drink it again.
 
Brewery: Banks's Brewery / Saint Archer Brewery collaboration
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment