Friday 11 July 2014

Beer #272 - Burning Sky Saison à la Provision

On my weekend in York I couldn't turn down the opportunity of checking out the House of Trembling Madness in the city centre. The bar and bottle shop is a bit of an institution and I called in for a spot of lunch and a beer. Between my companions and I we polished off a couple of incredible food platters (smoked venison and wild boar, anyone?) and a cheese board, all of which was washed down beautifully by this saison from Burning Sky. At a shade of three quid for a half it wasn't cheap but it was sure as heck worth it. The beer pours a hazy golden colour with a slight white head. The aroma is lovely; lemony with a spicy peppery hint. It's really beautifully balanced, light and refreshing yet dry with a slight tartness to it. The flavour is citrus and wheat with a touch of pepper and clove, a really wonderful saison, would definitely drink again.

Brewery: Burning Sky
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.5%

2 comments:

  1. This beer is definitely one of my favourite saisons, and the platters at the Madness are glorious. This post has made me hungry, thirsty, and nostalgic - I haven't been to York for ages. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is delicious. Had a great time in York, hope to head back soon! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete