Thursday 10 July 2014

Beer #271 - York Centurion's Ghost Ale

My last taster during my visit to York Brewery was another of the brewery's core range, Centurion's Ghost Ale. This is a dark, mild ale and was undoubtedly my favourite of the four beers that I tried on the day. I'm sure there is probably an interesting story to the name of the beer too, but alas, I don't know it and I've not been able to find it. The beer pours a very dark ruby and appears almost black with a nice tan coloured head. The aroma is of roasted malts and the flavour is dominated by lovely roast coffee with a sweet touch. A very smooth drinker that goes down very easily. Interestingly the brewery has also produced a distilled spirit using the beer that is styled after Scottish malt whisky although bizarrely their  own website doesn't carry any details of it. Ho hum.

Brewery: York Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.4%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment