Saturday 20 September 2014

Beer #323 - BrewDog Dead Pony Club

I mentioned in a previous post, going back to the end of last year, that I hadn't tried many BrewDog beers before and some of the possible reasons for that. Since then, not a lot has changed, indeed since I drank this Santa Paws and a Punk IPA on the same evening I haven't touched a BrewDog beer since. This doesn't seem to have done BrewDog any harm and they've gone from strength to strength in 2014 opening a host of new bars and an excellent bottle shop near my workplace. When BottleDog opened earlier this year I was really excited to have such an excellent shop in a convenient location, but on every visit I've ended up buying beers from other breweries. Anyway, I thought this was worth remedying and with a weekend away I naturally needed a few beers and with just a Sainsburys in sight I picked up a Dead Pony Club and a 5am Saint. The Dead Pony Club was ace, a session IPA with real depth, some superb grassy notes and cracking citrus bitterness. Very tasty and to me, a more enjoyable beer than Punk.

Brewery: BrewDog
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment