Monday 22 September 2014

Beer #325 - Lervig Johnny Low

I recently posted a review of the excellent Sunday Session I attended at the Draft House featuring Lervig, a Norwegian craft brewery. At the end of the event they had a few bottles and cans on offer containing beers that hadn't featured during the afternoon, so I picked a couple up for later. At 2.5% I suppose it's foolish to expect a robust beer, but when you see what the likes of Buxton and The Kernel can do with a low ABV beer it sets the bar really quite high. Johnny Low is a reasonable effort, its crisp and the hops lend it a bitter citrus flavour but I found it very much on the thin side. It's light, refreshing and perfectly quaffable but it doesn't quite reach the standard that has been set by other breweries.



Brewery: Lervig Aktiebryggeri
Country: Norway
ABV: 2.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment