Sunday 12 October 2014

Beer #327 - Kazbegi Lager

I have just returned from couple of weeks in Georgia and Armenia and it's time to crack on with posting the beers that I tried when I was away. The area is not known for its beer making prowess, wine is largely the order of the day, so I didn''t make a huge effort with tracking down beers. The first I tried was Georgia's number one brew: Kazbegi. Kazbegi is a small town (now actually known as Stepantsminda) in the north of the country, set in a spectacular location in the shadow of Mount Kazbek. The brewery however is actually located in Tbilisi and has been in production since 1994. Kazbegi lager is a pretty standard macro lager with little to distinguish it, although little did I know it would turn out to be the best beer I would sample on my trip...




Brewery: Kazbegi
Country: Georgia
ABV: 5.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment