Monday 13 October 2014

Beer #328 - Kazbegi Porter

This is the second of two Georgian beers I tried while in the country. When I spotted this one, labelled as a 'Porter' I had to snap it up and give it a try. After a long walk I was looking forward to trying it but having cracked it open it was clear that it wasn't really a porter at all, at least not as I'd know it. In fact, it wasn't much like any beer I'd ever tasted before. If I had to pin it down I'd probably describe it as an amber ale with a twist. It pours a red/brown colour and the aroma is sweet and malty. The sweetness dominates the flavour and there are some hints of dark fruit and caramel but little more. A really strange one.







Brewery: Kazbegi
Country: Georgia
ABV: 5.0%

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to buy a bottle of this beer but can't seem to find it anywhere, could anyone help at all.

    ReplyDelete