Friday 24 October 2014

Beer #336 - Beavertown / Lervig The Gose Strikes Black

I'd been meaning to visit the tap house at Beavertown since it opened a few months back but hadn't managed to find a free Saturday until last week, when I finally made it. The brewery is huge in comparison to most other London microbreweries but it's well put together and an enjoyable one to visit. I love what Beavertown do and I still haven't had a bad beer from them yet. My only slight gripe is that they could serve all of their beers in 1/3 pint measures rather than just the strong ones, but then they do have a table tennis table. My first beer of the day was this collaboration with Lervig. I recently attended a Sunday Session with Lervig at the Draft House and loved pretty much every beer they had there, so I figured that this was bound to be great. And boy, it was. As you can see it pours a beautiful shade of pink. It's light in body and supremely crisp and refreshing. The fruity blackberry flavour comes through very strongly and it's sharp and tart  on the finish. My previous forays into the world of sour beers have left me feeling quite confused to be frank, but this one only left me wanting more. It's an absolute cracker and I'd recommend trying it if you can track it down (or get to the tap house tomorrow!)

Brewery: Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.8%


No comments:

Post a Comment