Wednesday 5 November 2014

Beer #342 - Lervig Lucky Jack

I picked this can of Lervig's Lucky Jack APA at the Sunday Session I attended at Draft House a little while back (that post is worth a read - you can find it here) and recently found an occasion fit for its consumption. Pretty much all of the Lervig beers I tried on that day hit the nail on the head for me but I'm sad to report that this one didn't quite do it for me. There is some good citrus hop character and the beer has a long bitter finish. The malt gives it a nice hint of sweetness but for me the flavour isn't quite well rounded enough and it's also a touch light on the palate. It's by no means bad, in fact it's perfectly drinkable, but it doesn't set any new standards. Beautiful can though.




Brewery: Lervig Aktiebryggeri
Country: Norway
ABV: 4.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment