Sunday 9 November 2014

Beer #346 - Thornbridge Woodlands

Last week I paid my first ever visit to the Covent Garden outpost of Craft Beer Co. Whenever I'd walked past it had seemed very busy and the night I visited was no exception, but it's easy to see why the chain is so successful, they serve a lot of beer, most of it is extremely good and they also don't discriminate against cask, which is excellent. Anyway I went for Thornbridge's Woodlands, a seasonal pumpkin ale. This was really very tasty, although possibly the most subtle of the pumpkin beers I've tried to date. The beer poured a darkish orange and the nose gave a pumpkin hint. The flavour as I say was quite subtle with a delicate touch of pumpkin with some gentle spicing. The beauty of it is that the usual overt sweetness was missing and as a result I could quite happily have drunk this by the pint.

Brewery: Thornbridge Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment