Monday 10 November 2014

Beer #347 - Curious IPA

No photo for this one unfortunately due to a slight technical issue! Curious IPA is produced by Kent-based Chapel Down which is primarily a wine producer. The lack of anything more exciting in the bar I was at lead me to drink a few pints of this and it was probably better than I had expected, yet still nothing spectacular. The beer is brewed with three hop varieties yet it is the malt which dominates the flavour; it is caramel with a bit of dark fruit thrown in with a feint hint of some earthy hops, rather than the other way around as you may expect. Still, it is perfectly drinkable and I probably would have been far more excited to drink something like this a couple of years ago than I would be now.

Brewery: Chapel Down Winery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment