Monday 24 November 2014

Beer #350 - Sainsbury’s Tap Room IPA

This IPA is produced for Sainsburys by the Genesee Brewing Company in Rochester in the USA. I had pretty high hopes for numerous reasons - the fact that it was brewed in the US (although I didn't know anything about the brewery when I bought it) alongside it's 'Taste the difference' label made me think I'd be in for a treat. The beer didn't quite live up to my expectations - it's not really a true US IPA at all - although it's not terrible. The beer is malt forward with biscuity flavours dominating. There is a hint of piney hops but its lacking in the juicy citrus tang I had anticipated. Drinkable yes, but even on the shelves of Sainsburys you can find far better IPAs.




Brewery: Genesee Brewing Company
Country: USA
ABV: 6.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment