Tuesday 25 November 2014

Beer #351 - Chimay Blue / Grande Réserve

Last week I went to Brussels to watch Wales play football against Belgium and naturally had to fit in a fair bit of drinking time. I didn't go anywhere particularly exciting but the beauty of Belgium is that EVERYWHERE sells amazing beer and at bargain prices. This was the only 'new' beer I tried - I'd never tried any of the Chimay beers before although I have had a bottle of this in my wardrobe for the best part of a year. Nevertheless it undoubtedly tastes best in Belgium! This is a boozey number at 9%  although it drinks rather easily. It's dark and fruit and rich with warming qualities that were most welcome on a cold weekend. Slightly spicey and a hint of rum. A classic Trappist ale and up there with the best.


Brewery: Chimay
Country: Belgium
ABV: 9.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment