Wednesday 26 November 2014

Beer #352 - Dougall's Haiti

This 'Imperial Stout' is brewed by Dougall's, a Spanish brewery located in Cantabria in the north of the country. I picked this one up on my trip to Barcelona earlier in the year largely because I think the label is absolutely wonderful. But as a stout it's been sitting in my beer cupboard since then alongside a host of other dark beers which are finally beginning to see the light of day now the weather has turned here in London! This is a very decent stout with a light body that belies its 8% ABV. It pours as a stout should - pitch black with a decent tan head. As I say the body is quite light especially for the strength and it's very drinkable. The beer has a decent sweetness to it and some lovely roasted malt notes of coffee and dark chocolate. A pretty good beer that it is very drinkable. I'd be quite interested to know how much dark beer gets sold in Spain, but if it is all as good as this perhaps its more than I think.

Brewery; Cerveza Dougall's
Country: Spain
ABV: 8.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment