Monday 15 December 2014

Beer #357 - Camden Town India Hells Lager

When I read an ode to this beer on Matt Curtis' Total Ales blog I knew I had to get hold of it, if only to see what all of the fuss was about. A burst pipe in my office meant a day working from home which meant an opportunity to go and check out a new beer shop in my neighbourhood; Hop, Burns & Black on East Dulwich Road. Lo and behold, the shelves were stocked with plenty of excellent beer including this one so I grabbed a can (yes, just one) and off I went. This is a very tasty beer indeed, I'm not sure that it'll change my life, but it is good. The aroma of IHL is absolutely bang on. If I could only smell one beer for the rest of my life it may well be this one, it really is just wonderfully hoppy on the nose. The flavour is more of the same with sweet malts offset with lovely fruity hops that with some grassy tones and a bitter finish. It's well-documented on this blog that I'm not a massive hop-head so the full impact of this one may well be lost on me, but it's a cracking beer and one I'm sure I'll go back to.

Brewery: Camden Town Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment