Tuesday 23 December 2014

Beer #361 - BrewDog Alt Amber

Another of BrewDog's 2014 Prototype series, Alt Amber is a German style altbier and I expected it to be right up my street. BrewDog's blurb describes this as the 'kindly, older relative to Five AM Red Ale' but again it feels more like a pale imitation of a beer that the brewery already produces. I preferred this one to Hop Fiction, it has a wonderful malty aroma and is rich and roasty with some lovely caramel and toffee tones. It was very drinkable and if it was any other brewery I probably would have been singing its praises. I'm not a huge BrewDog fan by any means but one thing you can say about their beers is that they are bold. This just feels a bit too safe.



Brewery: BrewDog
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment