Sunday 28 December 2014

Beer #363 - Rochefort Trappistes 8

I've had a couple more bottles of Rochefort 10 since I wrote my original post on it  just over 12 months ago and it has become one of my favourite Belgian beers. On a recent visit I picked up a couple of bottles of Rochefort 8, it's lower gravity younger brother. With an ABV of 9.2% it's still not exactly sessionable but it is markedly different from the 10. In appearance, aroma and flavour it is, naturally, quite similar. It's rich and fairly indulgent with deep dark fruit flavours, a light spicing and some dark chocolate in there too. It is a fair bit lighter than the 10 though and far more drinkable as a result, the hefty boozey notes prevalent in the 10 aren'tas evident in this one. Great stuff.



Brewery: Brasserie Rochefort
Country; Belgium
ABV: 9.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment