Tuesday 21 April 2015

Beer #409 - Wild Beer Wild Goose Chase

Following an early lunchtime finish at work and with a sunny afternoon train trip to Herefordshire in the offing I picked up this can from Bottledog on my way to Euston station. It is interesting how expectations can dramatically affect your enjoyment of a beer...I picked this up expecting it to be packed full of interesting flavours and was left feeling like I had missed something. In my last post which featured a Greene King beer, my low expectations left me feeling pleasantly surprised when the beer was actually pretty decent. I therefore got a lot more enjoyment from the GK beer than I did from this despite the fact that, objectively, this is the better beer. Anyway I digress. This is a perfectly tasty saison from the Shepton Mallet brewery with some lovely grassy flavours and some decent citrus bitterness. I struggled to pick up any gooseberry though and I certainly wouldn't describe it as 'zingy'. Tasty, sure, but not hugely exciting.

Brewery: Wild Beer Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment