Tuesday 23 July 2013

Beer #13 – Kernel Pale Ale Cascade

This is my second post this week featuring The Kernel Brewery from south London. As the name suggests this pale ale is brewed with Cascade hops, which wiki informs me were developed in the USA and are widely used by craft breweries there. This is a good 1% stronger than what I would usually drink but I’m fast learning that American-style pale ales tend to be much stronger than traditional British ale. Whilst I enjoyed the beer I’m not sure I’ve acquired the palate to fully appreciate what the Kernel are doing…yet. As Evin O’Riordain points out in this excellent piece by The Evening Brews "When something is slightly outside your familiarity zone it’s quite hard to pick up what’s going on". I guess the only answer is to keep drinking until it becomes familiar!


Brewery: The Kernel Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment