Thursday 8 August 2013

Beer #25 - Hereford Pale Ale (HPA)

On arriving at The Bedford in Balham this Monday I was delighted to spot a beer from my home county’s finest brewery, Wye Valley (albeit with what looks like an attempt at a home-made pump clip). They make some really great beers and also own one of Hereford’s most popular and best pubs, The Barrels. Hereford Pale Ale is a great pale ale but unfortunately this cask really hadn’t travelled well at all. The beer tasted really quite watery and as a result I’d finished the pint in about five minutes. I’m not really sure what went wrong here as I’ve never had a bad pint of Wye Valley before, and it was more disappointing with the knowledge that it’s a great beer when served/stored properly.

 
 

Brewery: Wye Valley Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum - 19/8/2013

Following this post I received a message from Lizzie at Wye Valley who subsequently sent me a HPA gift pack in the post to make up for the duff pint. Kudos to Lizzie and Wye Valley for the excellent customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment