Monday 12 August 2013

Beer #27 - York Guzzler

On Wednesday I was back at The Compton Arms and was delighted to see that they still had Bath Ales’ Gem available. Between my friends and I we polished off the cask however and for my round I went for Guzzler from York Brewery. My love affair with Gem has been well-documented but this beer was a worthy replacement; a lovely golden ale with a fresh taste, very easy drinking indeed (as the name might suggest). The brewery is located within the city walls in York, a stone’s throw from the railway station and if I’d known that previously I probably would already have visited, apparently they do an excellent tour. In fact I can’t imagine a much better day out than a couple of hours at the brilliant National Railway Museum followed by a tour of the brewery and a few pints.

Brewery: York Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment