Monday 19 August 2013

Beer #34 - Maredsous 6 Blond

A second post from my evening at The Dovetail last week. After the ‘interesting’ Mongozo Mango I thought I’d be better off with something a bit more ‘proper’. I’m totally clueless when it comes to Belgian beer and in fact I can rarely remember having had anything other than a Kriek before this evening. On recommendation I opted for Maredsous 6 Blond. The beer takes it’s name from the Maredsous Abbey, which licenses its name to Duvel Moortgat who produce the beer. This was certainly not really like anything else I’ve ever tasted and I wasn’t sure how much I enjoyed it, but I’m considering it the first step in my attempt to expand my horizons in a Belgian-wise direction. Armed with the knowledge that you can get a kilo of moules and frites for a reasonable prize I’ll be back in the Dovetail before long and with a trip to Brussels pencilled in for some time before the end of the year I’ve got plenty of opportunity to continue this education.

Brewery: Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat
Country: Belgium
ABV: 6.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment