Tuesday 27 August 2013

Beer #39 - Gurkha Beer

On Friday evening I finally got to visit the Roadmaker Inn in Gorsley, a small Herefordshire village. The name is innocuous enough but this place is slightly unusual (especially for Herefordshire) in that it houses a Nepalese restaurant run by a group of former Gurkha soldiers. This place is a big family favourite but I had never had the chance to eat there until now. The restaurant does have a real ale selection but I was swayed by this exciting looking bottle of Gurkha Beer in the fridge behind the bar. I was hoping that it might have been a Nepalese beer but in fact it is brewed in the UK by Hepworth Brewery in Sussex, it seems that I’m not the only one to have been fooled by the branding. Still, it was a bit different and made for a good accompaniment to my curry, although it doesn’t compare favourably to more established curry-related beers such as Cobra. The food and service however was absolutely superb and I highly recommend a visit should you happen to be in the area!
 
Brewery: Hepworth & Co. Brewers
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment