Friday 30 August 2013

Beer #42 - Shepherd Neame India Pale Ale

I took this one on at a lovely little pub called The Prince of Wales in a beautiful Georgian square in Kennington. The pub is a Shepherd Neame pub and feeling uninspired by their cask offerings (they only had two ales on at the time) I tried a bottled India Pale Ale. Checking in at a fairly hefty 6.1% this is a strong, bitter IPA that really makes its present felt. I'm pretty sure it was this bottle that wasresponsible for my hangover the following morning rather than the few pints I followed it with.... On the whole this was a decent brew but you can really taste the strength in this one and I'm not really used to drinking such strong ale.





Brewery: Shepherd Neame Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.1%

No comments:

Post a Comment