Tuesday 3 September 2013

Beer #44 - The Mayor of Garratt

I seem to be coming across anew London brewery every week at the moment such are they profligating. Having had a pint of Dark Star's Hophead at the Old Red Lion I thought I'd try a pint or two of the interestingly monikered The Mayor of Garratt from By The Horns Brewing Co. and I'm really glad I did. This is the latest addition to By The Horns' range of flagship beers. As the clip says its a classic British bitter and it's really a very good one. The 'Mayor of Garratt' was elected at one of the popular mock elections that were held in London during the 18th Century usually from a range of eccentric local characters who made speeches and adopted humourous names during the 'elections'. You can read more on the Mayor of Garratt here, who said beer can't be educational!

Brewery: By The Horns Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment