Wednesday 2 October 2013

Beer #74 - Meantime Chocolate Porter

Since I tried Sam Smith’s excellent Organic Chocolate Stout a couple of months ago I’ve been keeping my eye out for a similar beer. I was therefore delighted to spot Meantime’s Chocolate Porter in Islington’s Waitrose as I popped in to check out the beer selection. I’d had this one recommended to me on Twitter so didn’t hesitate to buy it; it was very modestly priced and also came in a beautifully shaped bottle. The beer itself was good. It’s very dark and yet quite thin, certainly a lot thinner than I’d expected. It’s also on the bitter side, the chocolate taste isn’t overly strong but it’s certainly there. All told it’s a really good drink, nowhere near as rich and luxurious tasting as the Sam Smith’s stout but still well worth a try and I’ll be drinking this again.



 Brewery: Meantime Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment