Friday 4 October 2013

Beer #76 - Atlas Wayfarer

Another one from Sainsbury’s Great British Beer Hunt. Wayfarer is brewed by the Orkney Brewery which was set up by husband and wife Roger & Irene White on their retirement in the late 1980s, with the aim of bringing brewing back to the Orkney Islands. The brewery was subsequently taken over by Sinclair Breweries in 2006 yet retains its name. This is yet another beer heavy on the citrus side and having checked the label (I really need to be more discerning when I’m doing my beer shopping) it confirmed that it is made with cascade (and amarillo) hops. As you’d expect there is a dry, bitter, grapefruity flavour that dominates. For some reason I keep complaining that beers are too citrus heavy and yet I continue to buy them. Work that one out. Despite that I actually quite enjoyed this one, it’s not too heavy and at 4.4% far weaker than many brews of this style, which made it far more drinkable.     

 Brewery: The Orkney Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment