Monday 7 October 2013

Beer #77 - Williams Bros The Honey Thief

Another one from the Sainsbury’s Great British Beer Hunt and another from a Scottish brewery: Williams Bros Brewing Co. of Alloa. The Honey Thief is brewed with Cascade and Nelson Sauvin hops with the addition of an ‘infusion of honey and whole cone hops’ according to the official blurb. I must say I’m not an aficionado of honey flavoured beers although I am partial to the occasional pint of Fuller’s Honey Dew. The Honey Thief is a fairly good golden ale with a faint citrus tang however I really struggled to pick up any honey in it at all which was something of a disappointment to me. All told it’s a nice brew but it doesn’t really live up to it’s name (unless of course somebody nicked the honey from my bottle). Good, but not great.
 

Brewery: Williams Bros Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.2%


No comments:

Post a Comment