Saturday 12 October 2013

Beer #85 - Umbel Magna

My third and final beer at the Cambridge Brew House was Umbel Magna, brewed by Growler Brewery in Essex. This is a porter brewed with coriander which I thought sounded interesting. There was a distinctive whiff of coriander in the aroma although I couldn’t pick it up so much in the taste. Nevertheless this is a really nice porter with a nice medium body, nothing too heavy. Alongside the roasted malts there is a definite hint of spiciness although nothing as distinctive as coriander. Growler Brewery was founded as Nethergate Brewery in 1986, the company rebranded in 2012 and won the Good Pub Guide’s Brewery of the Year award in the same year. This was another brewery that was completely new to me prior to last weekend and another one I’ll have to keep an eye out for now!

 

Brewery: Growler Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.0%


No comments:

Post a Comment