Tuesday 15 October 2013

Beer #87 - Bière au Cognac La NapOléron

This is a French beer that my girlfriend bought more in Ile d'Oléron a couple of months ago. I can’t speak (or read…) French but I am able to ascertain that it is made with cognac. It poured a murky brown colour which was interesting, quite unlike any other beer I’ve seen to date. The cognac massively overpowered the beer and it therefore tasted very alcoholic, not altogether surprising at 7.5% ABV. According to Google translate Maxime Pinard’swebsite claims “This is a beer tasting that will quench your thirst at any time of the day”, which I’m not so sure about, and also that “this beer reflects the expertise of the winemaker” which I’m undecided on. It was interesting anyway and I believe it’s a local brew, although I’m happy to be corrected.
Brewery: Maxime Pinard
Country: France
ABV: 7.5%


No comments:

Post a Comment