Friday 8 November 2013

Beer #119 - Tap East Coffee in the Morning

http://www.tapeast.co.uk/Tap East is a pub and Microbrewery recently set up by the owners of Utobeer and The Rake in Stratford, East London. It’s actually in the Westfield shopping centre which strikes me as an odd place to open this sort of venture, although that may be down to my views on soulless, corporate shopping malls rather than anything else I suppose. Thankfully, I wasn’t in Stratford to drink this but in one of my new favourite pubs, The Exmouth Arms. Coffee in the Morning is a stout that tastes a lot like coffee, much to no-one’s surprise. It’s also really tasty and furthered my recent appreciation for dark beers. Not a lot else to say on this one really; it smells like coffee and it tastes like coffee, it looks quite a lot like coffee too. It’s also really nice, but I think I already mentioned that. Whilst drinking it I pondered whether if I keep drinking beer that tastes like coffee, I would start to like coffee (NB – I don’t like coffee).  Apologies for the naff picture, the Exmouth Arms is very dark (a bit like coffee).

Brewery: Tap East Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment