Tuesday 12 November 2013

Beer #120 - Coopers Original Pale Ale

On my most recent visit to the Exmouth Arms one of my friends inadvertently stumbled upon a cocktail bar situated above the pub. Given that the pub was full, we were stood outside, it had started to rain, and the cocktail bar was empty, we decided to give it a go. A quick Google tells me that it is 5CC, a ‘secret’ bar that opened in February this year. Despite the pub downstairs being packed the bar was basically empty and it was a great pleasure to find somewhere so quiet on a Friday night. It’s a beautiful bar with dark wood and leather furniture, very 1930s. Despite my plush surroundings I didn’t fancy spending £10 on a cocktail so went for a Coopers Pale Ale, one of only two beers on offer (I’ve forgotten the other one). Coopers is an Australian brewery with its beers reasonably widely available in the UK although this was the first I tried. It was rather thin and pretty watery, far closer to a European style lager than ale really. Not bad just not at all what I was expecting. It’d be nice on a hot sunny day (in Australia) and I wouldn’t rule out drinking it again if I wanted something refreshing and inoffensive, but not one to go for when you want some flavour.

 
Brewery: Coopers Brewery
Country: Australia
ABV: 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment