Thursday 23 January 2014

Beer #170 - Dark Star Partridge

Last Saturday I went to the excellent Craft Beer Co, the Angel branch this time. Wonderfully, and despite it being a Saturday night, the pub was relatively quiet. Relative to the Clerkenwell branch, which has been standing room only every time I’ve visited, the Angel version is an oasis of calm. At the end of a long day I took pretty easy on the beer and only had a couple. Partridge is a new one to the blog although I have had it before, from one of my favourite breweries. It is Dark Star’s best bitter and is a wonderful, straight-up version of the style. It includes an interesting trio of malts that lend it plenty of flavour with Kent Golding hops giving it the required bitternerss. It's really, really good and I wish more places stocked it.


 

Brewery: Dark Star Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment