Friday 24 January 2014

Beer #171 - Magic Rock Craft Magic


I  largely steer clear of keg beer as it tends to be very expensive and more often than not in my experience, no better than cask. As a result I’ve never had anything from Magic Rock Brewing although I’ve read a lot of good things. The brewery was founded in 2011 in Huddersfield, Yorkshire and was named second best new brewery in the world in 2012 by RateBeer. Craft Magic is brewed especially for the Craft Beer Co. pubs and at 2.6% it’s a very low alcohol session IPA so I was intrigued to find out how much flavour they’d manage to pack in to a beer with such a low alcohol content. I enjoyed the beer a lot, it has plenty of citrus hoppiness but is not overwhelming and despite my dislike for overly-hopped grapefruity beers I could quite easily see myself sinking a few of these. Nice.

Brewery: Magic Rock Brewing
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 2.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment