Sunday 26 January 2014

Beer #172 - Beavertown Smog Rocket

I picked up this bottle of Smog Rocket a couple of months ago but had left it at my girlfriend’s house in a bag and completely forgotten about it. As she was moving house this weekend it reappeared and after a long day of moving stuff it seemed apt to drink it in the evening. Smog Rocket is a smoked porter and boy, it is smokey. It pours pitch black and the smokiness really hits you at first taste. At first I wasn’t overly convinced by the beer but the more I drank, the less obvious that smokiness became and it went down increasingly smoothly. I’m not sure I’d go for this one again given the number of excellent dark beers around at the moment but it was an interesting one to try. 




Brewery: Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment