Wednesday 26 March 2014

Beer #206 - Ilkley Mary Jane

Another post-work beer in the sunshine. A recent Friday evening (the week before last I think!) found me and some colleagues at the Crown Tavern in Clerkenwell Green. Whilst the Crown doesn’t compare to some of the incredible pubs in the area it usually does have something decent on cask and also has a large outdoor area. My choice was Ilkley’s Mary Jane, a golden blonde ale from the Yorkshire brewery. This is a lovely summer beer and I’d be quite happy to see this on the bar again in the coming months (assuming it gets a bit warmer). It’s light and low on alcohol at just 3.5% but is well-hopped with a pleasing citrus bitterness. It has a nice lemon flavour with a hint of pine in there too. I could quite happily spend a summer day quaffing pint after pint of this and I imagine that is what the brewers had in mind…

Brewery: Ilkley Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment