Wednesday 14 May 2014

Beer #234 - Beavertown Quelle Saison

I turned 28 on the weekend and on Friday my girlfriend treated me to a surprise dinner at the excellent Foxlow. Prior to eating we popped to Harrild & Sons on Farringdon Street for a pre-dinner tipple. I've really enjoyed the Beavertown beers I've had in the past, even if the flavours aren't quite to my taste I appreciate the style that the brewery has forged. This is described as a dry-hopped saison, it certainly has the look of a saison with a hazy, pale yellow pour, but in taste it's far more like an IPA as a result of the hopping. The aroma is citrus with hints of wheat and spice. The flavour is dominated by the hops; it's bitter citrus fruits with a slight sourness and again, some hints of wheat and pepper. It's not what I was expecting and completely unlike any saison I've had previously, including the chilli and lime saison that Beavertown produced as part of their alpha series. Nevertheless it's a good one.
 
Brewery: Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.1%

No comments:

Post a Comment